Sunday, January 29, 2012

House Pictures!

Ok, so it is only 2 rooms, but I did take some pictures to share of my new(ish) home this weekend.

I was planning on cleaning up (aka a deep clean so it would look nicer) this weekend but my sister and her fiancé were hear which meant 2 big dogs running around and 3 people's worth of mess instead of 1, so it didn't happen. I was going to at least clean the kitchen today until i figured out that the drain pipe under my kitchen sink came unhooked this morning... while I was washing dishes! It was not pretty, but I cleaned up the water that spilled and decided to wait until tomorrow to was the the rest or put anything down the sink. However, I did decide that I would run the dishwasher since it was full. HUGE mistake! Apparently, the drain for a dishwasher is connected to the drain for the sink. I hope this isn't a wide known fact because I feel like such an idiot!!

I ran out to Costco after I turned it on (when I did, some water started coming out from under the sink so I put a small bowl to catch any drips) and when I returned there was water EVERYWHERE in my kitchen!!! I mean everywhere. It was bad. I ended up taking a mop and pushing most of it out the back door and it took me a good 45 minutes to clean up.

Needless to say, I did not feel like doing the rest of the tidying I needed to do before I can take the pictures. So these few will have to do for now!

This is the front hall, and I am obsessed with the wall paper and the tile floors!!! I love toile and what better than pink and green, am I right? And the black and white floor is so classic for a front entry way that I couldn't pass it up!


Here is the living room. The walls are VERY lime! I think I explained before that the painters came in while we were at the beach for 2 weeks so we never saw a sample. It is bright but I have gotten used to them and I think the darker rug tones them down. The arm chairs were a Scotts purchase for super cheap, and we got them recovered. The corner cabinet is probably one of my favorite pieces of furniture in the house and it currently houses some plates that we got at Replacements years ago that are so pretty!


I love this!! It hangs on the wall like a picture and is a place to keep pretty little trinkets!

I hope y'all enjoyed this short tour! I may break the rest of the house (there isn't much left to begin with, haha) into smaller posts as well because its easier.

I hope y'all have had a fab weekend! I am off to study, boo!!

ERK

2 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Do you need a roommate?!?! Hehe!! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the entry way and may even pin it! The contrast between the bright wallpaper and black and white floors is to die for! Can't wait to see more!

Madeline said...

OMG I am obsessed with the wallpaper. This is so cute, same colors as your blog. The house looks great!!