Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Food!

So, it seems like every time I try to "diet" or eat healthier, I become absolutely obsessed with food! Not in a good way either, in a "I would kill for some candy of McDonalds french fries right now" kind of way. You think i'm kidding, but i'm not!

I was thinking about this as I was walking out of my building today. I have to pass a little convenience store on my way to the parking garage, and sometimes I stop in for a little something (now and later's are my fave thing in there), but it took everything I had today not to run in a grab something. I feel like I have absolutely NO self control! I snacked at work, but it was healthy (an orange for my morning snack and a Larabar for my afternoon snack) but at the end of the day I am still hungry.

That's another thing, I don't think "hungry" is the correct word. I think bored and obsessive are more like it. I literally don't think I went more than 10 minutes without thinking about food today! Psycho? Yup!

So, I decided that I need to start menu planning for the week so I don't get too off track, because I am even more obsessive about calendars/ schedules than food. The only problem is that doing this while still living with mom and dad gets difficult, since during the week my dad cooks most of the time. However, I found several great recipes on Gina's skinny Taste and printed them for my dad so hopefully he will make those this week!

Well here's hoping tomorrow I can not think about food all day! And, if anyone has any tips or any good healthy snacks, I would love your input!

I hope y'all had a great Tuesday!

ERK

No comments: