Monday, March 21, 2011

So, about that triathalon

It won't be happening, any time soon, that is. I had high hopes for really "digging deep" and getting into training and eating healthy when the year started, but as the nearly 3 months have passed since the first of the year, my motivation has steadily decreased. For a while I was all over it. Gym almost every day, healthy food/ sticking to weight watchers, the whole-nine-yards. But now I am not.

Today, for example, I decided to go run around a park near my house. I was planning on going after work all afternoon, and I actually went! But... I only made it almost halfway and then my leg started cramping like crazy. It was like a charlie-horse but at the very bottom of my calf. Needless to say, I was finished attempting to run running for the day. And, Georgia is, I think, the capital of pollen and mama was having some seerrrrious asthma troubles. My lungs surely felt the burn.

Well, all that being said, I am getting back into the groove as of TODAY! After a weekend of some seriously high calorie/ fat yummy food in California, (post to come tomorrow) this is just what I need for a little confidence boost! So, I stayed on my weight watchers (except for the 4 Now-and-Laters, but I just COULD NOT resist!) today and at least got a little exercise. Though, I learned my lesson about trying to run outside when it's a pollen storm, don't do it!

Also, warmer weather= shorts, swimsuits and smaller clothing in general, YIKES! That right there is reason enough to get my booty to the gym! I have some cute new items on my Spring/ Summer wish list, but I am not going to buy them till I shed a few lbs and get into somewhat decent shape. That there, is motivation folks!

Ok, well that is all for today! I will be back tomorrow with a recap of our quick trip to SoCal!

ERK

No comments: