- The acting was great and I loved the guy who played August. He really captured the crazy, almost bipolar character from the book.
- The costumes were amazing! Reese looked stunning in all of her body suits and I loved the evening gowns she wore (esp. the red one in the speak easy). And R Patz looked dapper when he was dressed up, and rugged and foxy when he was dressed down.
- I loved seeing all of the animals, but there were parts where I had to close my eyes and was close to crying. If you have yet to see the movie, be forwarned that there is some animal abuse.
- I didn't like that they never explained the title of the movie!! That was a part of the book that was interesting, and they only really hinted at it once. If you don't know what the title refers to, go read the book!
- I also didn't like that they didn't go back and forth between the present and the story. I know you can't include everything, but I loved the old man version of Jacob. He was funny and endering in the book, and had some funny things happen at the nursing home!
Have y'all seen it? What did you think?
I might be back later with my first vlog ever! It depends on how it turns out and how much time I have because I have to pack to go to Dallas tomorrow!!!!