Monday, June 20, 2011

Weddings and things!

This weekend was great, but really exhausting! I did absolutely zero on Friday night. After dinner with the fam, I watched a little TV and went to sleep early with big plans to run and go to my first WW meeting Saturday morning before we had to run some errands for the house.

.... welllll, that didn't happen. I didn't get up until almost 9 and my mom and I had to be at the wallpaper store when it opened at 10:30. Actually, Friday after work I did do one thing, go with my dad to the wallpaper store and order the paper for our front hall in the new house. I was IN LOVE with that paper and excited that it was ordered. Well, when we got home there was a message on the machine saying that particular paper had been discontinued and there were no more rolls in stock. Are you kiddin' me? I was mad, but I knew there was nothing we could do. I digress. So, mom and I went and picked out another one, only after I spent a while trying to convince her to get the same print as the fabric on the pillows in this post. It didn't work, so we chose another one and left.

We then went and picked up all of the furniture we had upholstered and it all looks great! I can't wait to get it all in the house, but that won't be for a while. After the upholsterer I filled up my car, had lunch with some friends, then packed up my stuff to head to Alabama for one of my best guy friends from high school's wedding. It was just south of Birmingham and took us about 2.5 hours to get there but it was a pretty drive.

The wedding was beautiful and the couple looked very much in love! I was happy to catch up with some old friends I had not seen in a while and over imbibe in some drinks. We had a great time dancing the night away, but I was pooped when we got back to the hotel, so I went to sleep while everyone else stayed up and continued the party.

Here are some pictures from the wedding:

Me and the groom... where am I looking? ha

The cute couple cutting the cake, which was gorgeous!

All of our friends from high school who were there

Another cute couple! I am very proud of my friend who went to West Point!

The other 2 girls


Sunday, we got up and had a delish and healthy {not} meal at the Wa Ho (if you aren't familiar with this name for Waffle House you might not be from the South) and then got on the road back to Atlanta. My friend and I decided we were hungry again on the way back so we stopped for lunch at Zaxby's only 2 hours after breakfast. Weight watchers, what?

When I got home I threw on a swim suit and hung out with my sister and her boyfriend in the pool. Then we had a great dinner to celebrate my sweet dad. We gave him a facial and a foot reflexology session at a spa. He LOVES to have his feet rubbed, and we all refuse, so we thought that was a good idea. I have no clue why my mom got him a facial as well, haha.

Did y'all have a good weekend? I certainly hope so!

ERK

4 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Your make-up looks so pretty in these pictures!! And that's too funny about your dad--mine goes with my mom for pedicures, bahaha!

Madeline said...

Love your dress and this looks like such a fun wedding!

April of Smidge Of This said...

That wedding cake is innnn-sane! And I love your straw/gold clutch -- way cute.

Just found your blog and it is SO cute!

Ashley said...

i swear....everyone i know is either getting married or going to weddings! i want to cooooome! haha your dress is amazing!!