Monday, February 14, 2011

Weekend Recap and a really sweet party!

I feel like this past weekend FLEW by but it was really fun! The bf came in on Friday night, and of course he was hungry when he got in so I took him to an Atlanta pizza staple, Fellinis. After that we headed home for him to change then went to meet a friend of ours at a bar. I usually am in bed by 9:00 and rarely go out anymore, but I actually had a great time! I think I need to start "livin it up" more before I am bogged down with law school next year. Anyways, we had a great night!
Not so cute of either of us, but it's the only pic we took together all weekend!
Saturday, we got up and went to breakfast at The Flying Biscuit which was so good. Their grits are to die for! Well actually, breakfast was after an early morning excursion to the vet for Cupie, but that's another story. After eating a ton, we relaxed and we I recovered from my food coma.  Then we headed out to a shooting range to go skeet shooting with some of my dad's shotguns. They never get used anymore because my dad no longer hunts, so they were a little dirty (which in hunting language means they don't work as well, I think) Needless to say, we had a great time, but i'm a terrible shot! I only got 3/25 then 4/25. Bf was really good though. Also, I now have a completely bruised arm because apparently I wasn't holding the gun tightly enough.

Saturday night, I decided to take my first stab at making homemade past with the pasta machine my parents gave me for v-day. I was pretty hard to do, and took a lot of rolling and kneading, but it turned out really well! I made a scallop and angel hair pasta that even I was shocked was so good. After dinner we hung out and decided to watch a movie, but I feel asleep within the first 10 minutes. Oops!

Sunday we slept in then went to a really fun restaurant/ brewery/ bar in Atlanta called Park Tavern. It is right on the corner of Piedmont Park and is so beautiful in the middle of the city. The weather was ah-mazing, so we sat outside and placed our orders. When we ordered our drinks (sangria for me, bloody mary for him) we were told they didn't serve alcohol until 12:30, what the heck? We had to wait 10 minutes because as our waitress said we are in the "Bible-belt" which I found a lil offensive, but oh well. Anyways, after great drinks and a yummy lunch, we went and redeemed a LivingSocial deal I purchased to go ice skating at the restaurant. They put in an ice rink every winter and it was really fun, other than the fact that the skates hurt and ice skating is MUCH harder than I remember!

Here we are skating, once again not great pictures, but the tent was really pretty with the Chinese lanterns.

Sunday night was my big Valentines party, so we came home after skating and I finished getting everything together. The party was so much fun, but I wish I had taken pictures!! I had all of my good friends, including my friend Adam who just got back from being in Israel for 6 months, so I was super excited to see him and hear about his trip! My good friend Sara and her bf came, along with mine and Mark's friend Harrison. Also my sweet friend Kimmy came and brought homemade cake pops that looked almost too good to eat...almost! And Lauren came with some beautiful flowers.

For appetizers, we had roasted red pepper bruschetta and spinach and artichoke dip with toasts, and for dinner we had a green salad and homemade chicken pot pie. I was a little disappointed in the pie because I made it the Sunday before as a test run and it was so good, but this time it didn't turn out as well. And, for dessert, we had vanilla cupcakes with mocha frosting. They were really tasty.

We all had a great time eating, and drinking a little, and the night was a huge success! Here are some pictures!

The cupcakes. They might not look perfect, but they tasted great!

My "party favors" were sugar cookies I made and decorated, then put in pink and red candy boxes from Bake it Pretty and put on personalized valentines labels I ordered from Tiny Prints. Then I tied it up with pale pink, hot pink, or red tulle.

The chandelier above the table, I tied pretty pink grosgrain ribbons with hearts into bows on it to make it a little more festive!

The table settings: my mom did these and I thought they were pretty and simple. The napkins were super cute and had red cupids embroidered on them!
Well, after a fun and busy weekend, and an early trip to the airport this morning, Cupie and I are just beat! We are going to sit and read and probably go to bed before 9 tonight! I hope everyone had a great weekend and Valentine's Day!!

ERK

1 comment:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Bryce is out of town this week and I've been decorating his house for V-day as a surprise when he gets back...I'm totally stealing this chandelier idea!