Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Bad habits die hard

I was thinking today that I have some pretty bad habits that need to stop ASAP. They're nothing super bad, like illegal, but I would be better off leaving them in the dust. Sooo, without further adieu, here they are:

1. Picking my cuticles. Ok, I know, that is GROSS but it is a terrible habit and I just cant stop!! I try to keep my nails done, which stops me from messing with them, but if my nails aren't polished you can bet I'm working on them with or without cuticle clippers. I have tried all kinds of cuticle oils and creams to keep them soft, but they always end up looking gross and hence the picking. I am, however, pretty much a professional at doing my own nails which is a huge money saver, so I am going to try to start doing my nails more to knock this habit out.
2. Flossing. Something else that is gross, but I just never floss! I am a stickler for doing my entire 2 minutes on the Sonicare morning and night, and I usually brush my teeth after lunch at work, but flossing just isn't in the routine. I will occasionally start to floss for a few days, but then I stop. I think I would benefit from flossing more for sure. So, I put a note on my mirror (like that's going to help) and I pulled the ole floss out of the back of one of my bathroom drawers to try and start flossing more. We shall see how this goes...

3. Making my bed. There is nothing I like more than getting into a nicely made bed at night, but I rarely make my bed! I don't know why, because it only takes about 2 seconds, but I just never do. I am going to try to start waking up 5 minutes earlier to make my bed every morning, because there is nothing better than untucking your sheets and sliding into bed after a long day at work.
Picture via
4. Putting away clothes. I usually take off my work clothes and throw them onto my daybed and forget about them. Now, I'm not the kinda girl who sends everything to the cleaners after each wear, that would be a little wasteful, but those clothes aren't doing me ANY good lying in a big pile in my bedroom. I really need to start hanging them up right when I change to avoid the treacherous pile that I end up having to go through and hang up every other week. 


Well I'm sure there are others, but that's enough for today. In other news, I finally got some cupcakes from Gigi's today, and I have to admit I was a little disappointed. Just not the best I've ever had. I think Society Bakery in Dallas is still my favorite cupcake, or my mom told me tonight that Piece of Cake, a heavenly bakery in Atlanta does cupcakes as well. 

Well, I hope y'all had a great Tuesday! Hopefully the weather wasn't too bad!

ERK

No comments: