Wednesday, May 11, 2011

An 85-year-old Trapped in a 22-year-old's Body

Recently I have begun to realize that I am an old woman on the inside. This may seem strange, so let me explain. I am 22 really, but some things I do are old people things and i'm not afraid to admit it. So, what kind of old lady things do you do, you might ask. Well, I'm glad you did because I have been listing them in my head recently and typing them out here will let the entire world know! Haha Embarrassing? I think so!

Here goes:

  • I am in bed by 8:30 most nights and asleep by 9:30 at the latest. I need my sleep, as I have mentioned before, and my roommates (aka mom and dad) are old people (rude, yet true) and I have gotten on their schedule.
  • I hate loud music. It drives me insane to be in the car with other people and have music blaring. What if I want to chat? Maybe I have sensitive ears, but super loud music grates on my nerves!
  • I use a pill organizer... don't laugh because those bad boys are helpful! I take a few medicines/ vitamins every night and it helps me remember whether or not I have taken them.
Proof (sorry about the jank nails, they need to be done ASAP!
  • I wear panty hose to work. This is a big one because apparently nobody under the age of 70 wears them to work, but I am all about them. First of all, they make your legs look great and if you haven't shaved in a few days they totally mask it. Second of all, they make wearing shoes that rub much more bearable. Wearing heels is so much easier! I even wear them with pants sometimes, or those granny hose/ socks.
  • On the same note, I am all about slips. They make dresses and skirts not stick to you!
So, those are all that are on my list for now, but i'm sure I could think of more of my granny behaviors.

Do y'all have any weird, old-person behaviors? Fess up, I know we all have a little granny in us. If not I will feel kind of lame...

I hope y'all had a great day, I want the weekend to get here faster!!

ERK

P.S.- I will be doing a vlog, either tomorrow or Friday on my recent fashion finds, including my Calypso for Target items and new one-pieces so make sure you check back!!

2 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Hehee, this cracked me up! I have been in need of a slip for awhile now to go under a few dresses--where do you get yours? Also, I can be an old lady at times too. I love to get into bed early and read!

Lauren Honea said...

Yall are both cracking me up...you and Sundresses and Smiles! Haha. Great post. I don't know if I have any granny in me or not...I'm sure I do though...I just can't think of anything right now.