Saturday, January 8, 2011

Scott's Antique Market

Today the family and I headed out to Scott's Antique market, which is just south of Atlanta. I have to say that I LOVE this place. It is 2 huge warehouses full of anything you could ever imagine, including beautiful furniture, silver, fabulous jewelry and tons of "interesting" nick-nacks. If you live anywhere near Atlanta, you have got to make it out to Scott's at some point, you will not be disappointed! It is there the second weekend of every month.

The outside of the north building...
not a great picture
My favorite part is definitely the jewelry booths, I really love estate jewelry, and it is the place to go for that. When we were there right before Thanksgiving, we found a vendor from North Carolina with some of the most AMAZING pieces, including some shell earrings with coral and gold that I died for!!! I have a pair that are very similar and were made by the same company (in the 60's I think), so I knew they were out of the question, but I could still oogle. He was there again, and his case did not disappoint! They  had so much beautiful gold jewelry, and I am on a gold kick right now (too bad its so stinkin' expensive!!) I wish I had taken some pictures, but I was too busy drooling.

I also love all of the furniture, but since I am currently residing back at home with my parents, furniture is not something I need at all. But, I saw plenty of great pieces that, if I had my way, would decorate my future house or apartment. Also, all of the silver makes me want to plan a dinner party right away, but unfortunately silver is pretty darn expensive too... oh well, one day hopefully!
Some silver and china, I love the blue and white plates!

We came across this as well,
I thought it was kind of sad:(

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful, we went to Costco and Target and my dad tagged along because he said he needed to supervise my mom and myself. He is always so thoughtful... Anyway, we got some storage boxes and a fill cart/ thing so I can get myself organized!
I hope y'all are having a great Saturday!!

ERK

No comments: