Sunday, January 23, 2011

Sweaty bands...and other things

As I was looking through the December issue of Shape Magazine last night I came across several things that I loved and just had to share!

First of all, Sweaty Bands! Gross name, but they are so stinkin' cute! They are headbands to wear while working out, but I think you could wear them any time! Also, they say they don't slip! Well I went to their website, and they have TONS of cute designs to choose from and I did not leave empty handed! I got one that they showed in Shape with multicolored polka dots and two damask-looking ones. They are pretty pricey, but you get 10% off if you use the code "sweaty" at checkout. This was definitely an impulse buy, but I think having cute workout gear is a really good motivation tool for me! I will post a picture of them when them come in!



Second, there was a section about true stories of women's "secrets to success" and one was about a woman who started doing triathlons! I was excited to read her little story because it motivated me to keep training for my race and to see that other women have started for scratch and done really well! She also lost 50 pounds in the process! What an inspirational story!

Thirdly, the issue had a recipe for one of my new favorite things, quinoa! My boyfriend introduced me to this little grain several months ago, and I really like it! It is like a mix between rice and couscous, and it has a really interesting texture. The bf was raving about it because it is a complete protein, blah blah blah. I don't know much about food in terms of proteins and amino acids etc, but I don know its very good for you and it tastes good too! Anyway, there was a recipe for cheese and quinoa stuffed red peppers that I can't wait to try. My mom makes some really good stuffed peppers with ground beef and rice, but I think this would be a nice new twist on an old dish!

That's all of the stuff I really loved, but I must say that Brook Burke was on the cover and her body is flaw-less! If that isn't motivation to get my butt to the gym, I don't know what is!

We went to HomeGoods again today (its becoming a sick habit of me and my mom's) and then I made some homemade chicken noodle soup for dinner. I hate to toot my own horn, but it was pretty darn good!

Hope y'all had a fab Sunday!

ERK

No comments: