Monday, January 10, 2011

SNOW DAY!!

So, to my surprise I woke up to about 5 inches of snow this morning!! Since we aren't very well equipped to handle much of any bad weather in Atlanta, the city was basically shut down and the office was closed!! I still got up pretty early and threw on some sweats and a ski jacket and my Ugg duck/snow boots, (which I was pretty happy I got last year to go to Mardi Gras) and took the pup out for a little play time. She LOVES the snow, she is still begging at the door to go play in the back yard! She kept trying to eat the snow, it was pretty cute since she would put her whole head down in it.

It was a really relaxing day otherwise. I started a new book, What The Dog Saw, by Malcolm Gladwell and its pretty good. We have a glassed in porch (basically a sun room) so I sat out there and read for a while and looked at the snow.

Here are some pictures of the snow, soon to be treacherous ice! Hopefully the city won't be shut down for too many more days or I might go stir crazy!!!

I thought this was really pretty, our bird feeders were
hot-spots today!

Our house and yard covered in snow!

Mine and Cupie's footprints in the snow

Sorry, I couldn't help it, DON'T EAT YELLOW SNOW!!

Serious icicles! 
I hope everyone else who got snow enjoyed it!! Stay warm!

ERK

No comments: